We often get a hyper pigmentation on dark skin inner thighs and they get dark leading us to explore the remedies for dark spots on inner thighs and buttocks. This pigmentation occurs due to melanin that gives a dark color to our skin. The dark color can also extend to the groin or bikini area, giving an unattractive look to a person. From lemon to oatmeal and from honey to coconut oil and potatoes; all can lighten the color. The OTC and laser treatment are also effective, but they are expensive.
Causes Behind The Dark Skin Inner Thighs
- The skin becomes dark on thighs due to chafing that happens because of an exercise or a walk.
- Some hormonal changes also cause dark skin between inner thighs, especially in women. It may happen during pregnancy or lactation or during menstruation or due to PCOS a polycystic syndrome.
- Dry skin and sun exposure
- Some hormonal or chemotherapy drugs or contraceptives
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Some liver disease
- Tight clothes when they create friction
- A skin color disorder
The home remedies for dark inner thighs become effective once we know the reason behind it. But, one must see a physician if the dark thighs develop because of the hormonal imbalance, medicines, diabetes or chafing.
Top 5 Remedies For Dark spots on Inner Thighs and Underarms.
Many natural elements can help us have a lighter skin and these remedies for dark inner thighs and buttocks are very safe.
- Lemon has natural properties that lighten the skin color and you can even apply the lemon juice on the face. However, for inner thighs, use lemon juice with coconut oil because the citric effect will not harm the bikini area. Take 1 tsp. of lemon juice and mix it well with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, and apply on the dark area. You have to apply it with a massage for at least 10 minutes. You can leave it overnight or wash it after a few hours.
- You can scrub the skin with a mixture of honey, sugar, and lemon, as it exfoliates the skin making it lighter. These methods will suit those who have very dark inner thighs due to an accumulation of skin cells. Take one teaspoon of sugar and the same amount of honey and add half lemon juice, and scrub it on the skin with soft hands. After a while, wash your skin.
- Dark inner thighs cream including the oatmeal and yogurt are also effective. Oatmeal can help in scrubbing and the yogurt will moist the skin. Oatmeal has natural properties to treat eczema, but here we use it as a scrub. Make a mixture of both ingredients with an equal quantity and apply the paste on the inner thighs and scrub the skin. Wash the legs after you are done. This is an instant remedy but use it a few times in a week.
- Baking soda has many soothing effects on the skin other than just cooking properties. Mix a little baking soda with water and apply it to the dark area. Scrub the skin with this paste for a few minutes, leave it for 10 minutes, and wash off the legs. Don’t use it if you are allergic with baking soda or if it is causing the rashes.
- Aloe Vera and potato also help in having a lighter skin tone and they are safe to use around the thighs. You can apply the Aloe Vera gel just like a cream and can leave it overnight or for a whole day. Make sure the gel is free from pale color like it should be transparent. On the other hand, potato acts as a scrub because you have to rub it on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash your legs.
A Combination of OTC and Remedies for Dark Inner Thighs
- Several over the counter drugs can change the skin color on thighs, but use them if your doctor recommends. These OTC have components like soy, ellagic acid, lignin peroxide, and niacinamide, which are safe and effective. However, some medicines have allergic effects, like licorice, arbutin, and kojic acid.
- Sometimes the dermatologist can give you a prescription medicine, including the retinoid or hydroquione, but you have to use them for a few months. These drugs may also cause your skin more sensitive and dry, so you must use some moisturizer after that but use the organic products.
- Dark inner thighs laser treatment is the fastest method to have a lighter skin. But, it may take time in healing because the inner thighs touch each other that can irritate the skin. These days, we have many aesthetic treatments for having a lighter skin but they are expensive. Get a treatment after consulting the dermatologist and according to your budget.
Remedies for Dark Skin Inner Thighs Along With Precautions
It is always good to follow the precautions to prevent the dark brown spots on inner thighs as it will keep you away from the side-effects of the drugs and can also help you save some money. The remedies for dark inner thighs with blackheads along with preventive measures will keep you fit forever.
- If you want to avoid the chafing, the stockings will prevent it and you can also wear the shorts.
- Don’t let the dead skin develop on inner thighs so exfoliate it often and keep it clean. But don’t over exfoliate as it will cause rashes.
- Always wear comfortable and loose clothes having a breathable material, as it will not cause sweat or friction.
- If you have to shave the thighs, don’t do it frequently. Women should avoid waxing on thighs or should do it less because the wax sometimes causes an allergy or it darkens the skin. Some hair vanishing creams also darken the skin so avoid them.
The remedies for dark skin inner thighs removal work wonders if you combine them with precautions and also try to avoid the sun exposure if you wear shorts. Treat a disease that is causing the dark skin and reduce the hyper pigmentation with the skin treatment.