Hive is a kind of allergy that causes rashes on the skin. Knowledge of how to get rid of hives fast is widely available, but you should always look for authentic sources. Sometimes the doctors can’t find out the reason of allergy but certain factors trigger it, including the stress, some medicine, sunlight, stings, an infection, cold weather, or some disease. Sometimes the hair products or dandruff that touch our skin may cause rashes.
Generally, the rashes disappear within 24 hours so the treatment is not necessary. But, if hives persist, you should either apply some cream or try the home remedies. The allergy will become a cause of concern if you have certain other health issues like dizziness, swelling, or breathing issues and in such cases, how to get rid of hives permanently depends on the medical treatment.
There are several reasons of hives like stress, some medicine, sunlight, stings, an infection, cold weather, or some disease. Ice or cold water can also give a relief from hives. It is also possible to get rid of an allergy by controlling the heat.
How To Get Rid Of Hives Naturally
Since rashes cause itchiness so home remedies are greatly helpful of which some are given below.
- If you feel a burning effect along with itching, a cold compressor will remove the irritation. how do you get rid of hives by a cold compressor involves a bag of ice. Place it on the rashes for 5 to 10 minutes. You can repeat this process as many times as you want, provided it’s comfortable for you.
- Some natural products like baking soda and oatmeal can remove the hives if you use them in your bath, but sometimes the baking soda can worsen it if you overdo it or if it does not suit you.
- Don’t use harsh soaps or medicated shampoos that cause you allergy. The water should also be clean while you shower, and if it is not available, use a water filter to have safe water.
- Certain creams, lotions, or moisturizers also cause hives or trigger them. Soaps are available for a sensitive skin so buy them or make your own soap at home that is free from chemicals.
- Hives become worse in summers so how to get rid of hives on body in summer include the comfortable cotton clothes, air conditioner, and antiperspirants. Try to avoid the sun if you have hives.
- Remove stress from your life and you will have a perfect skin free from allergy and rashes. Have a proper sleep of 8 to 10 hours and do yoga or meditation to reduce your stress. A daily walk also helps in reducing the stress. Try to enjoy life by following some hobbies as it will also reduce the stress.
Medication For How To Get Rid Of Hives
If you feel that nothing is effective, see a dermatologist and use some medicines as prescribed. Medicines can also target the root cause and you will never have the allergy again. how to get rid of hives from allergic reaction with medicines include;
- The calamine lotion like you can apply it as the doctor suggests, like two or three times a day.
- Anti-allergy tablets also work like Diphenhydramine, but it can cause you dizziness and you will also feel sleepy. Some other medicines include Allegra, Claritin, and Zyrtec will effect in a day, but they also cause the drowsiness.
- When the hives become chronic, the doctor may suggest Prednisone for a few days because it has certain side-effects so you cannot prolong it. Like, it may cause high blood pressure, swelling, glaucoma, weight gain, cataracts, blood sugar, adrenal deficiency, poor immune system, and a thinning skin. You must use the mild dose to reduce the side-effect.
- Best way to get rid of hives with an antibiotic and steroids is what one must follow according to the doctor’s advice. The doctor may suggest the Aczone, Leukotriene or Xolair, but they have side-effects like a cough, headache, and dizziness, pain in the inner ear, cold, and stomach issues.
How To Get Rid Of Hives With Herbs And Plants
Some herbs and plants do magic in getting rid of hives and they are much better than the medicines.
- Aloe Vera gel is a magical plant that can soothe your skin in just a few seconds. You can easily make your own gel or can buy it from the market. If you have an Aloe Vera plant, cut a leaf into a half after washing it, then apply the gel directly to the skin by rubbing the leaf or by getting the juice. If you make the gel cold before using, it will become more effective.
- Witch hazel to get rid of hives quickly is an excellent natural product. You need witch hazel bark for this purpose. Take 6 to 10 grams of bark, put it in water and boil it for a while. When the mixture gets cool, strain it and apply to your rashes. After 20 minutes rinse the skin. You can use it several times a day depending on the condition. You can grow this herb at home or can buy it from an online store.
- Applying the olive oil can also do well to your skin. You can also use mustard oil with a little water in it. Aloe Vera creams are also available for treating the rashes.
- Some organic talcum powders are also available in the cosmetic stores.
Get rid of hives overnight is also possible through a healthy lifestyle and good diet. The diet will enhance your immune system, protecting you from infection and other diseases. If you have a yeast infection, it will also cause hives but you can control it by eliminating sugar from your diet and by taking fruits and vegetables. The home remedies, healthy diet, and a stress-free life are the natural ways on how to get rid of hives without any side-effects.