Gout is a joint disease and after considering the foods to avoid with gout attack, one can easily reduce the symptoms. A kind of arthritis, known as gout, occurs when the uric acid crystals get into the blood and gather around the joints. Gout causes severe pain in joints which is sometimes unbearable. The main reason behind gout is uric acid that one can treat with medicines and home remedies. A kidney disease may also cause uric acid. If the body creates purine you will get uric acid and it enhances with certain foods rich in purine, that’s why a focus on foods to avoid with gout flare up can help us get rid of it.
Though the food is helpful in gout, it does not cure the disease as only the medicines can lower down the uric acid levels. You will get less pain with a gout diet and it will not let the uric acid increase or will prevent a further damage to the joints. Taking a lot of water will release the uric acid through urine and can free you from gout if you do it in the beginning. Sometimes the uric acid does not completely go away and you get it again and again because the medicines affect for a while.
A kind of arthritis, known as gout, occurs when the uric acid crystals get into the blood and gather around the joints. Gout causes severe pain in the joints which is sometimes unbearable.
What Foods To Avoid With Gout?
As we already said the culprit behind gout is the purine-rich food that raises uric acid levels. The fructose foods also have a high quantity of purine that triggers the disease. Let’s look at the complete list of foods to avoid with gout so we can resolve the issue to some extent.
Not all fish but some kinds of fish may trigger gout like trout, tuna, haddock, and herring. Some sea foods like shrimp, crab, and scallops are also rich in purine and can trigger gouts. However, you can eat certain fish in a moderate quantity
Say no to any kind of organ meat if you have a high uric acid level because the organ meat will cause flares. It includes kidneys, liver, brain, and sweetbreads.
Avoid game meat
The game meats are rich in purine, like that of veal, pheasant, and venison.
The foods to avoid with gout attack also include the junk foods like burgers, pizza, and several others. Too much chocolate intake is also bad because it is rich in sugar.
Avoid added sugar and beverages
All types of canned fruit juices, soda, honey, nectar, and fructose syrups aggregate grout. You can take healthy sugar from fruits and a little honey is also good.
All types of yeasts, including the nutritional yeast and supplements, are rich in purines and trigger gout.
Avoid the refined carbs like cakes, white bread, cookies as they are not nutritious though they don’t have purines.
If you make a complete list of foods to avoid with gout, it would be easier for you to plan your meals.
Foods To Avoid With Gout List
A patient with high uric acid must plan for a gout diet, making it a goal, because it helps in several ways, like’
- You can have a healthy lifestyle with a healthy weight.
- You will know which foods are high in purine, moderate in purine and can avoid a few of them.
- You will know the foods that can reduce the uric acid or can manage it at home.
- You will not only learn the foods to avoid with gout prevention but will find healthy foods as your daily meals including the breakfast, dinner, lunch or brunch, etc.
- If you are overweight, it will trigger gout but having healthy food will not only reduce the uric acid but will also reduce the body fat. A balanced weight will keep the joints fit because they will not get any pressure.
- Add complex carbs in your diet like fruits and vegetables. However, some doctors recommend avoiding the grains but that is not proven. Some people think that spinach and asparagus are high in purine so they should avoid it but this is a wrong myth as they don’t trigger gout.
- Dehydration triggers uric acid so drink a lot of water as it will flush away the crystals through urine.
- Eat lean meat and low-fat dairy products and poultry. You can also have proteins through lentils.
- Several herbs, spices, nuts, plant-based oils, eggs, and legumes are good.
- Vitamin C and its supplement help in gout. Some people find cherries and its juice good in treating gout because it reduces uric acid.
- You can have coffee in a small amount as only the excess is bad and the same is true about tea. If you want, you can replace coffee and tea with green tea which is very healthy.
- Olive oil is better than other types of oils so add it to your meals and salads.
Foods To Avoid When You Have Gout
If you have a knowledge of vegetables or foods to avoid with gout and a knowledge of healthy lifestyle that involves organic diet, regular exercise, balanced weight, and staying hydrated, you can get rid of gout forever. Focus on what you eat and plan your meals. You can find a lot of recipes with healthy foods that can help reduce gout along with medication.
As we all know the gout medicines have side-effects and can further cause several complications so we should take precautions. Sometimes some emotions are behind a disease, including gout, so try to find it and eliminate it with healthy emotions. Avoid stress and anxiety and do daily meditation and yoga because it will keep you calm. The above diet goals along with list of foods to avoid with gout will definitely reduce a pressure on your joints and you will not have high uric acid.